Heavy Rain and Wind Storm
On Facebook one of my friends posted that we received another 2.75 inches of rain this morning. Others posted of downed trees and patio furniture tossed around the yard. It was around this time in 2012 that we had the derecho that knocked out most of the power in the tri-state area, and wonder if we had a less severe one today.
The following weather alert is on WANE TV’s website
The following areas are affected:
The Flood Warning Has Been Extended For
The Maumee River At Ft. Wayne
– Until Late Wednesday Night.
– At 9 Pm Saturday The Stage Was 21.1 Feet And Rising.
– Moderate Flooding Is Occurring And Moderate Flooding Is Forecast.
– Flood Stage Is 17.0 Feet.
– Forecast The River Will Rise To A Crest Near 22.8 Feet Around 8
Pm Sunday June 28 And Fall Below Flood Stage Around 2 Am Wednesday
– At 23.0 Feet Approaching Major Flood.
– This Crest Compares To A Previous Crest Of 22.9 Feet Which Occurred
On Feb 8 2008.