Kitchen Fire

By: kmom14

Nov 14 2015

Tags:

Category: Cyler

1 Comment

Source  Huntertown Fire Department Facebook Page

On Thursday Kyle’s friend Cyler’s house had a kitchen fire.  Kyle said it started after there was a grease fire and Shelby’s friend Cassie poured water on it, who apparently missed the viral video on Facebook that even I re-posted demonstrating what happens when you put water on a grease fire.  Still, can understand that when something like that happens sometimes you can panic and just react.

Fortunately, they got out immediately and the fire department is near where they live and was there within minutes and able to get it under control quickly. The Red Cross put them in a hotel for a few days and the insurance will put them up in a house somewhere temporarily while the damages are repaired as there was a lot of smoke damage.

 

Posted on Huntertown Fire Department Facebook Page

“Thursday evening, Huntertown fire crews made a quick stop on a kitchen fire to save the rest of the home.

At approximately 5:40 pm, crews were called to the Towne Square subdivision reference a possible house fire. Engine 92 arrived on scene within three minutes of being dispatched to find heavy black smoke and fire pushing from the kitchen window. Entry was made through the front door and the fire was quickly brought under control. Truck Co. 97 arrived and took care of ventilation needs and Rescue 98 assisted with overhaul and salvage operations.

Due to a rapid/prompt response and quick actions, the fire was contained to just the kitchen and the rest of the house was saved from the spread of fire. All crews worked hard and had the fire under control within 8 mins of arriving on the scene. All personnel returned to service around 6:45 pm”

12247162_472446269610330_8524718859103800163_n12250111_472446279610329_4910540228037830481_n

Advertisements

One comment on “Kitchen Fire”

  1. used too many peppers while making burrito’s i reckin


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: